Welcome to the BookBrainz Developer Docs!¶
This documentation is intended to act as a guide for developers working on or with the BookBrainz project, describing the system, its modules and functions.
For a description of BookBrainz and end-user oriented documentation, please see the BookBrainz User Guide.
Contents of this documentation¶
- Coming from MusicBrainz
- BookBrainz Schema
- BookBrainz ORM
- BookBrainz Webservice/API
- The Entity Editor
Our codebase is divided in a few repositories:
- bookbrainz-site:the main repository for the website and API
- bookbrainz-data-js: the ORM package we use to interface with the database
- bookbrainz-dev-docs: these very same docs you’re reading !
- bookbrainz-user-guide: the user-facing guide for using the website
- bookbrainz-utils: database tools and scripts